{margin-top: 25%;)

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Under the Knife

This morning, I had minor surgury to remove 'a pound of flesh' from four different places on my person. Since the last time I was in this particular doctor's office, I passed out, the doc gave me a prescription for some meds, which caused me to feel a little drowsy, clumsy, dizzy, and even a little forgetful, but otherwise made everything happy.

As you can see, I'm going for a hyperlink record here.

I've only been going to this doctor for about a year, in spite of my loving mother's persistent encourangement for the past ten. She is convinced that, any minute now, without a moment's warning, I will keel over and die. Of course, after this doctor took one look at me, I think he agreed, for his eyes turned into little dollar signs ("I guess I can afford that trip to Barbardos after all.").

But, as uncle Hub says, "What do ya want me to do? Die of old age?"

3 Comments:

Blogger melrandall said...

Okay, so somehow I have been left out of (or just plain missed) The Loop. Too many paint fumes and all that. You blog! You're a blogger!!! Welcome! Don't worry--I'm thoroughly caught up now and have laughed out loud numerous times in the past several minutes. You are now securely on Ye Olde List-O-Blogs.

10/19/2006 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger brandywine said...

Hi Mel...sorry that you missed out on this development; I didn't make any effort to advertise it to anyone.

But you should watch out for those paint fumes. Stick to welding, I say. :)

10/20/2006 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger TripleNine said...

I really should stop in here more often! Apparently I've missed some great posts.

Wine tasters are completely incomprehensible to me. Why would you ever have tasted tar to know what to compare to it?

I would what he would say about a sip of Brandywine? My guess, that it tasted like a mule :)

10/21/2006 01:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home