{margin-top: 25%;)

Monday, November 13, 2006

I do not like green eggs and ham

All I can say is, you gotta love gestational diabetes. I've never had it myself, but Mary has all but been diagnosed with it, which means that she has to watch her diet carefully. Absent the official diagnosis, though, she doesn't have to keep up with all the additional rigors associated with said diabetes that would otherwise follow.

So when I say she has to watch her diet carefully, what I really mean is we get to eat some really great food. For one dinner last week, we enjoyed some tenderloin steaks, asparagus wrapped in bacon, and sweet potato. We've had a number of great breakfasts including eggs, bacon, and grits. This morning, we had this oats, coconut, almond, and spice combo which really hit the spot. No complaints from me, except for when she pulls out one of those protein shakes, which sort of taste like a vanilla shake made with sand instead of vanilla. She doesn't share those usually, thankfully.

In the interest of full disclosure, let the record reflect that I am not glad, per se, that Mary's got this particular issue, and it is true that everything would be more or less easier if she were healed, but, you know, the Scriptures do exhort us to give thanks in everything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

"grits".

I just shake my head and say "I hope you enjoy them" :-)

11/14/2006 05:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home