{margin-top: 25%;)

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Close Call

I'm reporting to you live (obviously) from the town in which I live with disturbing news that we almost may have possibly had an encounter last night with a terrorist. Or something.

I was in bed last night, the hour was just after 11pm, and I was just about to drift off to sleep when my attention was apprehended by a series of flashing lights from the window. The flashes didn't quite fit the pattern of headlights, and neither were they prolonged enough to be the signal from an emergency vehicle. And it surely couldn't have been lightning, as I knew, being an astute observer of the weather conditions, that it was currently snowing outdoors.

And then it dawned on me. Might we possibly be experiencing that rare and unique meteorological phenomenon, referred to colloquially as "thunder snow." I didn't dare to hope.

I gently made my way over to the window, poked my finger through the blinds, and took a gander. I was disappointed to realize that the source of the flashes was not a rare and unique meteorological phenomenon, referred to colloquially as "thunder snow", but instead a camera wielded by a dark figure lurking in the inky shadows.

My first thought was, "Quick! Call the Department of Homeland Security...or better yet, get Jack Bauer on the line...we're being scoped out by terrorists."

But then the dark figure moved into the soft glow of the streetlight and her identity was revealed.

It was none other than my friend and neighbor, Laughter, who, although not a terrorist in the strictest sense of the word, was enjoying some late night photography and, apparently, the last laugh in this little scenario.

4 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

I don't know, Laughter seems like someone who Jack B. would take on. Just give her a russian accent and some little pistol :-)

3/25/2007 02:51:00 PM  
Blogger TripleNine said...

Actually I'm pretty sure she already has the little pistol. :)

3/25/2007 03:44:00 PM  
Blogger Laughter said...

*evil chuckle*

3/25/2007 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Hahaha... terrorists at Fairwood hahaha... Jack Bauer... hahaha thunder snow! Hahaha Silly "Laughter" hahaha. okay, that's enough

3/25/2007 08:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home