{margin-top: 25%;)

Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Out Back

There is a song wherein the singer (who should wear more paisley neckties, in my opinion) talks about what he will do when he gets where he is going. One of the things he mentions is that he will go for a walk with his granddad, who will match him "step for step". After this past weekend, I can relate to the granddad in a whole new way.

The last few days, I have hobbled about in an elderly fashion not unlike that exhibited by someone in their early 90's, like say, for example, someone in their late 80's. I have done this because, to use the proverbial colloqualism, my back went out. Where it went, and with whom, I have no idea, but it has left me with a whole lot more than mere proverbial pain. I have felt, um...old. And Uncle L., who would make a very excellent doctor, given his wealth of medical knowledge, and having the bedside manner of Rasputin, told me that someday, I will feel like this every day. Whoohoo!

When I get where I'm going, I'm going to have to lay down.

1 Comments:

Blogger drewey fern said...

Oh my word, Brandon. Bedside manner of Rasputin?! Beautiful! :)

7/20/2007 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home