{margin-top: 25%;)

Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm just crackers about cheese

So the most unusual thing happened to me the other evening last week. I was preparing a snack of cheese and crackers (which is my all-time favourite snack) and slicing some cheese on our, um, cheese-slicer. All of a sudden, and without warning, I might add, a small fleck of cheese "bounced" (?) off the cheese slicer and into my eyeball, which, for the record, was a safe distance from the slicing instrument, according to the latest OSHA regulations. I staggered to the washroom to extract this cheese-fleck, and escaped mostly unscathed.

This experience was so bizarre, I began to wonder if Melissa was nearby, lurking in the inky shadows...

4 Comments:

Blogger lis said...

Gotta watch out for that girl! :O)

Thanks for the morning chuckle...

11/21/2006 02:03:00 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/21/2006 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

no way! for real?

11/21/2006 06:37:00 PM  
Blogger melrandall said...

BEWARE THE CHEEEEEEESE! I'm honored that you thought of me; I may or may not have been in the inky shadows, but I think I may be partly culpable here. I've been thinking about cheese a lot lately-- mostly just enjoying the very word "cheese." In fact, in a moment of boredom today in class, I found myself writing "Cheese" in pretty cursive font on the top of my paper several times. So, I'm sorry. But wow, what a great story for the ol' arsenal. You do me proud.

11/21/2006 10:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home