{margin-top: 25%;)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Welcome home!

The men's retreat was excellent; there is more that could, and should, be said about it, but I haven't the time now. As soon as I returned home, Mary succumbed to the illness she described here.

But I do have a quick moment for a story from The James Files. Many months ago, our family was enjoying some apricots. I don't remember if they were fresh or dried, but I explained to the boys that in Israel, they called these things משמש, or لون المشمش‏ [both of which are pronounced the same, I believe].

So last night, James was going though one of his monologues, and he shouted out at one of his toy men, which was apparently the object of his wrath, "You're a bad man...you're a meesh-meesh!"

That is almost as bad as being a Ned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home