{margin-top: 25%;)

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Dessert Banquet

Well, now that we've got the 'ye olde' theme flying around recklessly, I suppose now would be a good time to share my contribution to the ?th Annual Christmas Dessert Banquet Naming Scheme.


Seriously, though, the Banquet (our church's premier annual outreach event) was, I thought, a great success, if I may say so myself. Roughly 165 people shuffled in from as far away as New York and as near as my apartment; there were quite a number from the town, including all three Selectmen.

The students put on a choral reading which was skillfully written and tirelessly prepared by Aunt S. Their execution of the reading was their preeminent "performance" to date and was very moving. There was also a quartet, some handsome violin work by two S cousins, and a guest singer from down the road. And then, of course, there were desserts. Millions of them. My own bride made many of them - because she is ambitious, and crazy. (I mean that in the best way possible.) Anyway, all the desserts I sampled were delicious, and there were many I didn't sample.

And Praise the Lord for His Spirit, which is what really makes the Banquet a success. He does this every year, in spite of our efforts and planning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Glad to hear it was once again a success! (And, that there wasn't a big snowstorm like there was a few years ago!)

12/13/2006 08:07:00 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

I myself thought this years Banquet was a rousing success! But that might be because I was happy and stayed happy during the whole thing instead of getting all crabby from being around so many strangers :-)

12/13/2006 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger TripleNine said...

Ditto to hurrah's for ye olde dessert banquet! Have to agree that it was a rousing success. Even if I did have to put my head between my knees on several occasions.

12/20/2006 09:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home