{margin-top: 25%;)

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanks!

During the past year, I've had an awakening: that people are more important than the grindstone to which a keep my nose fastidiously applied. Of course, everyone would agree with that, but its entirely another to structure one's life accordingly, which can be easier said than done. But that's the goal.

So, in this spirit, I submit the following - some of the people for whom I've been thankful this past year...not an exhaustive list, again, and not in any particular order, of course.

· MEA – for being patient and kind, loving and supportive
· CKS – for being willing to follow the call, even when the consequences of following are unclear
· ERA – for opening her mouth (and pen) and allowing the Spirit to fill it
· AFM – for being courageous enough to love what she does, without being defined by it
· ADM – for inspiring me to live like I were dying
· MSB – for inspiring me to give thanks and rejoice in the consequent vision of Jesus, even when it hurts
· RSA – for patiently persisting in well-doing
· WCJ – for keeping in touch while busy with other stuff
· KMA – for not jumping the ‘fulfillment of every vision’ gun
· KJM – for being so blooming upbeat and positive
· LSN – for not dropping off the edge of the world
· JBT – for being faithful to that which you’ve been called
· FDT – for illustrating Eph 5:22 so skillfully
· DJ – for being real and not mincing words about it
· CJB – for being so skillful at reaching my voice mail, and trying again

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized that Frank and Fritha now have the same initials. I have to admit when I first looked up the verse I was a little confused, but quickly discovered my mistake. =P

11/24/2006 09:21:00 AM  
Blogger lis said...

Feeling stunned, humbled and thankful for that comment! :O) Loved reading about everybody else.

Fabulous work, BOA! And you are that increasingly rare embodiment of Lamentations 3:27, showing that it can be done quietly, wisely - and with great satisfaction.

11/25/2006 02:42:00 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

preach it brother! :-)

11/25/2006 08:12:00 PM  
Blogger TripleNine said...

Aawww....:)

You forgot BOA for being such a great example of a Christian man, father, and husband. Not to mention a great lawn mower too. ;)

11/27/2006 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home