{margin-top: 25%;)

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A few Random Thoughts

  • I went through a new 'most-embarrasing-moment' moment last weekend. I flew down to Baltimore Saturday evening for a "business meeting" I was having in Drumore, PA the next day. On my way to get the rental car, I had that all-too-familiar sinking feeling in my stomach as I realized I could not remember with whom I had reserved a car. And I didn't have a printed confirmation, either. Oh, dear. So, what am I going to do? I went up to the first counter and asked timidly, "I don't suppose you have a reservation for [me]?" Nope. Fortunately, the second counter did have a reservation for me and I was able to procure my vehicle and speed off in a hasty manner all the while paying careful allegience to the posted speed limits and all pertinent transportation regulations.

  • That was a weekend for forgetting. I forgot my rental car reservation. I forgot a few important items of clothing. I forgot my laptop power adapter. And on the way, I realized I had no idea what the proper modus operundi was for the "business meeting" the next day. How do you spell 'too-busy'?

  • I was in court the other day and I heard a case introduced. Some guy was down visiting his relative and went over to see something on his relative's neighbor's lawn. He slipped on the ice and injured himself. Now, he's suing said neighbor for "damages". Give me a break. Time for a 'loser-pays' system.

  • Also in court. Jury selection. Some guy was begging the judge to allow him to be excused from jury "service" because "I just can't pay attention that long. I've been bored to tears just sitting here today." Hey pal, we've only been in the courtroom about 30 minutes. Give me another break.

  • So Iranian president Ahmadwantsajihad decided today to release the 15 British sailors they kidnapped almost two weeks ago. He said it was "a gift to the British people." Ha, ha! It is nice when your deranged dictator has a good sense of humor. But wouldn't you want to know what was happening behind the scenes to make him change course so quickly and unexpectedly? I bet Tony Blair called him up and gave him just two words: "Jack Bauer".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

11/11/2008 03:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home