{margin-top: 25%;)

Friday, January 19, 2007

Name that Noise

Okay, all of you musical afficionados out there, here is your test for today. In mid-December, the U.S. Patent & Trademark office received an application to trademark the following sound:

A yell consisting of a series of approximately ten sounds, alternating between the chest and falsetto registers of the voice, as follows:
1. a semi-long sound in the chest register,
2. a short sound up an interval of one octave plus a fifth from the preceding sound,
3. a short sound down a Major 3rd from the preceding sound,
4. a short sound up a Major 3rd from the preceding sound,
5. a long sound down one octave plus a Major 3rd from the preceding sound,
6. a short sound up one octave from the preceding sound,
7. a short sound up a Major 3rd from the preceding sound,
8. a short sound down a Major 3rd from the preceding sound,
9. a short sound up a Major 3rd from the preceding sound,
10. a long sound down an octave plus a fifth from the preceding sound.

Know what it is!? I'll put the answer in the comments section in a few days. The ironical part of this is, of course, that the sound is already owned as a registered trademark.

5 Comments:

Blogger drewey fern said...

Oh boy. You should see me, sitting here squeaking away to myself. I've almost got the intervals, but I'm not very close to guessing what it is... Except for one vague guess that is more words based than music base.

I've been at this for several minutes (TJ's probably wondering WHAT is going on in the next room...) and at one point I let out a frustrated: "BRANDON!" before resuming my squeaks:)

1/19/2007 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger Smiles said...

Is it the dial-up connection sound?

1/20/2007 04:31:00 AM  
Blogger Smiles said...

Ha! I figured it out! It isn't the dial up connection. It the Tarzan Yell!

1/20/2007 08:38:00 AM  
Blogger brandywine said...

You're right, smiles!! You win the Gold Star...which I know isn't really much of a prize, but it's pretty much all I can offer you at this point.

So, are you an avid reader of Business Week magazine also, or did you actually sound it out? :)

1/21/2007 04:44:00 PM  
Blogger Smiles said...

I read it all the time! jk. Accutally, I sounded it out, wrote it on my Finale Notepad and hit the play back a hundred times. That was when I thought it was the dial up connection. Then, later that day, I was doing something completly different, not even thinking about it, and it suddenly hit me where it was from.

1/22/2007 09:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home